1. Choosing high-quality band saws and operating and ad […]
1. Choosing high-quality band saws and operating and adjusting the machine correctly are the most important factors to ensure the service life of band saw blades. Good machine tool rigidity and working performance can prevent the great influence of vibration and various stresses on the band saw blade.
2. Correctly choose the band saw blade you will use. There is no band saw blade that can meet all sawing requirements, and saw blades of different forms and characteristics have different effects. This choice includes the appropriate saw blade width, tooth profile and tooth pitch.
3. Correctly use sawing parameters, which mainly include saw band linear speed, feed rate, saw band tension, etc. The ideal chip when sawing the material should be tightly rolled, silver and have a warm hand feel. If there are sintered, brownish-blue, thick or powdery chips, the relevant parameters need to be adjusted.
Fourth, the correct use of cutting fluid and its mixture can lubricate and cool the band saw blade, and clean off the attachments on the saw teeth in time.
5. Correctly "run-in" the new band saw blade. The "run-in" is to remove the tooth edge burrs through the natural wear of the saw teeth, so that the band saw blade gradually enters the normal sawing state, and avoids premature chipping and curling of the saw teeth. It is especially important for profiles, pipes and special-shaped materials with sharp cross-sectional changes. When performing "run-in", the machine parameters should be adjusted to about 50% of the normal sawing efficiency. The sawing area is generally 200-600cm2. After there is no abnormal condition, gradually adjust the relevant parameters of the machine to enter the normal sawing state.