Saw blade swing means that the saw blade moves back and […]
Saw blade swing means that the saw blade moves back and forth when the woodworking band saw machine is running, leaving its original position, or even falling off. There are many reasons for this situation, usually due to the improper tension of the saw blade. For other reasons, let's take a look at the reasons for saw blade swing.
1. The tension is small and the saw blade is too loose. If the tension of the saw blade is relatively small, it cannot be effectively attached to the saw wheel. At this time, the wood is cut. After the saw blade is impacted or rubbed, part of the tension disappears, and the running blade will appear. Return to the original position. Adjust the tension of the saw blade properly, especially when processing hardwood, you need to use a thicker saw blade, and the tension of the saw blade should be adjusted properly.
2. The upper and lower wheels of the band saw are skewed and not on a vertical plane, which will also cause the saw blade to swing. If the upper wheel is tensioned and turned upside down, and the saw blade is exposed differently, confirm that the bearing shell of the lower wheel is in the middle of the hanging screw. If there is deviation, adjust it to the middle position, and then adjust the upper wheel. The length of the saw blades of the upper and lower wheels exposed to the edge of the saw wheel should be the same. If there is a deviation, the position of the upper and lower wheels is skewed and needs to be adjusted.
3. The saw wheel is worn seriously, and it is easy to cause the saw blade to swing and deviate. If the saw wheel is worn into a cone shape, the saw blade will be lost and cannot be effectively attached to the saw wheel, causing deviation. At this time, the saw wheel should be ground. Pay attention to the accuracy of the saw wheel when grinding.
4. The inflexible upper wheel tensioning device will also cause the saw blade to swing. Due to dust or abrasion, the lifting saw blade will sometimes get stuck after a long time, so you should always check the tensioning device of the band saw and clean it up. In the debris and keep it lubricated.
5. If the band saw has just started the saw blade and the saw blade runs off, then the upper wheel should not be adjusted properly when the saw blade is installed, and the saw blade can be adjusted to the appropriate level through the adjustment handle of the upper wheel.
The above are the reasons and solutions for the saw blade swing. There are other reasons that can also cause the saw blade to swing, such as bearing damage, saw blades with large cracks, heavy or light weight, etc., everyone should pay attention to the above when using Happening.